Tummy Tuck Tips
Tummy Tuck Surgery is a cosmetic surgery procedure primarily for women who have been pregnant or women and men who lost a significant amount of weight.
The surgery takes 2–3 hours and plastic surgeon removes excess skin and fat from the mid and lower abdomen. Our Prague plastic surgeons use classical stitches, which are removed in 10 days after your surgery.
You will remain for 2–4 nights at the clinic. On the first day after the operation a tea only diet is allowed. You should rise slowly out of bed without making any quick movements, and you should get up „over side“. This means to lie on your side at first and only after this has been accomplished, should you get into a sitting position.
The drain, which is introduced during the operation into the operating incision, is usually removed within 48 hours. The stitches are removed in 10 days after the surgery.
Tight underwear specially designed for this kind of operation, must be worn for a period of 1–2 months after the operation. With Beauty in Prague this underwear is already included in the price of the cosmetic surgery.
Bruising and swelling around the treated area will disappear within a few weeks. Scars from the surgery will remain, but fade significantly over time.
Things you should not do after your surgery:
- Clean your house, including washing and ironing
- Lift your children or pets
- Drive (for the first 2–3 weeks after returning back to the UK)
- Physical exercise for a minimum of 2–3 months after surgery, walking is fine, if you stick to a normal pace
- Weigh or measure yourself
- Try on your clothes that you think will fit
- Grocery shopping – pushing the trolley and lifting the bags is harder than you think
Things you should do after surgery:
- Take your painkillers as prescribed
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat a healthy balanced diet
- Let people take care of you
- Massage your tummy gently. It helps circulation and feels good
- Stay positive because all the pain will pass
- Keep your eye on the prize and know there is an end to the healing process
- Be proud of yourself for taking this step to improve your life and body
- Be patient with the healing process. It is a long haul but you can do it. You will have good days and bad but it will all be worth it in the end.
The specific risks and the suitability of tummy tuck for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.
Tummy Tuck Surgery is only £2,209 with Beauty in Prague. For more information, please call 0800 023 2592 or apply for our free email consultation by filling in the Medical Questionnaire and sending us the photos: http://www.beautyinprague.com/…estionnaire/