Beauty in Prague’s guide to recovering from Tummy Tuck Surgery
We feel that clients need to be aware of what is expected after surgery, the recovery is just as important as the preparation.
Tummy Tuck surgery is a cosmetic surgery procedure primarily for women who have been pregnant or women and men who lost a significant amount of weight. The surgery takes 2–3 hours and plastic surgeon removes excess skin and fat from mid and lower abdomen. Our Prague plastic surgeons use classical stitches, which are removed in 10 days after the surgery.
Straight after surgery: What to expect.
- You will remain at the clinic for 2–4 nights. The first day after your operation you will only be allowed a tea diet. You should rise slowly out of bed without making any quick movements, and you should get up „over side“. This means to lie on your side at first and only after this has been accomplished, should you get yourself into a sitting position.
- The drain, which is put in during the operation, into the operating incision, is usually removed within 48 hours. The stitches are then removed 8 days later.
- Tight underwear, specially designed for this kind of operation, must be worn for a period of 1–2 months after the operation. Beauty in Prague includes this underwear in the price of your surgery.
- Building up your muscles and any greater physical strain is not recommended for a period of 2 months after your surgery. The scar should be covered with a strip of hypoallergenic plaster for a period of 1–3 months after the operation. Bruising and swelling around the treated area will disappear within a few weeks. Scars from the surgery will remain, but fade significantly over time.
How will I feel after my surgery?
- You will probably feel tired, sleepy and suffer from pain especially 1–3 days after the surgery. You will be given some painkillers and tablets for reducing the swelling. Our Prague Plastic Surgeons will usually also prescribe antibiotics as a prevention of any potential infection.
- You might also feel unhappy after a few days. This is normal and is caused due to the stress of the operation, the general anesthetic, possibly being in more pain than you expected or the fact that you underwent Tummy Tuck Surgery abroad and you miss your home and family.
- Some clients suffer from constipation. We advise that you bring some gentle medication or you can buy it here in Prague.
Is the recovery after Tummy Tuck Surgery painful?
- According to our clients’ experience they do suffer from pain. However, when you leave the clinic you will be prescribed painkillers by your surgeon. You will probably feel discomfort, swelling, heaviness and numbness in the areas where the surgery was performed.
Possible Risks and Complications After Tummy Tuck Surgery
- The specific risks and the suitability of Tummy Tuck Surgery for a given individual can be determined at the time of your consultation only. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome of surgery occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.
What clothes should I bring with me?
- We suggest you bring comfortable clothes, clothes that have no buttons or zips, items that are easy to slip into and ones that have a lot of stretch in them.
- Remember to bring some of your favourite outfits if you choose to take part in our make over photo shoot.
For more information, please call 0800 023 2592 or apply for our free email consultation by filling in the Medical Questionnaire and sending us the photos: http://www.beautyinprague.com/…estionnaire/